Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Glee Finale; Or, Please Let Me Break Ryan Murphy's Neck

What in the world did I just wasted my precious hour on?! I was waiting the whole season for this episode and it turned out a big, big mess. Don't get me wrong, there were some good parts, but most is just BLAH or BLECH.

The Good Parts (or, the parts that didn't make me hate the episode so much)

  • The opening scene was amazing. There were pretty great shots of New York. The Broadway billboards made me squeal in ecstasy and there was that hint of hope that this might actually be as great a finale as last season's. The end shot with Rachel standing there, taking it all in, was genius. I can actually see myself as Rachel. And I guess when I'd get the chance to be on that same spot someday, I will act the same way.
  • Mr. Schue's moment. He's a more talented guy than he actually lets on, and he has a big, big heart to boot. Seeing him there on the stage singing and performing his heart out. It was surreal. He deserved that moment.
  • I felt the same with Rachel and Kurt's duet. It was a really magical moment. It's like one of my personal dreams has been granted. Yeah, being a Broadway artist will always be my secret dream.
  • I just love Rachel in this episode. I loved her outfits even more though. Seriously, I want her jacket, her hat, her dress.
  • Santana and her fluent angry Spanish.
  • The lovely Klaine moment in the end.

The Blah (not hateful enough, but unnecessary)

  • Samcedes? Nuh. Uh uh. What genius even thought of that? There was not even a slightest hint of chemistry. I know it was a desperate attempt to appease those gleeks who's harassing Ryan Murphy to get Mercedes a boyfriend. Which doesn't make any sense since Mercedes is an effing diva and she doesn't need a man. But if she does, Sam is the least likely guy for her. Sam has been like, "the boyfriend" in the show. And that's really sad because the characterization is good enough to move a story on his own. Guess Glee writers are not aware of that fact. Why don't those guys just give the job to the ones who can remember the storyline, observe character growth, and write good dialogues. As far as I'm concerned they're just a bunch of fanfic writers who does everything the majority of the gleeks wants.
  • The Bathroom scene was a pathetic attempt at making Rachel resemble a human being. Close enough, but try harder.
  • The "kiss" was pulse-stopping and it could've been an awesome moment if it wasn't done on a show choir competition. What did Jesse say? Oh yeah, unprofessional. But for me, completely unnecessary.
  • Charice. I don't like her. The end.
The Blech (don't even get me started)
  • The New York Mashup was a disaster. The New York number in the first episode was better than this. The whole time it was awkward, all over the place, and poorly edited. Just where is their choreographer? Do they even have one?
  • The Yeah! number was even more WTF-inducing. I mean, the girls dance really well but their outfits seem a little inappropriate for the performance. And their song choice and execution is not show choir material.
  • Vocal Adrenaline. If Jesse would have been there performing I could have rooted for them. But no. The Vocal Adrenaline performance was more like the Charice Pempengco, I mean, Sunshine Corazon, show. She's good, I get it, but what's the big effing deal? It was a show choir competition. Plus their performance wasn't even stellar. It was forgettable. What did she, I mean they, sing again? Last year's Bohemian Rhapsody was loads better. Heck, last season's Rehab was loads better.
  • The Finchel thingy was just boring, to say the least.
  • "I just want somebody to love me." Really? Really, Quinn? Guess what, sister: SOMEBODY DID LOVE YOU. And he probably still loves you now. But what exactly did you do? Oh yeah, cheated on him for a greater chance at a stupid plastic crown! That guy treated you like a princess! Now you’re telling us you want somebody to love you? You can’t love anybody but yourself, sissy. Don’t act like you’re the victim here.
  • By now I have accepted the fact that New Directions will never now the meaning of a show choir performance. For them it's a duet (where the rest of the group sway at the back in the dark) followed by a light, upbeat number where they do some "dancing", choreography be damned.
Whatever. Jesse St. James needs a show of his own. He's the real star out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment